It’s perhaps the busiest time of the year for Mesa Leadership! The current Class of 2019 prepares to finish their project at the House of Refuge and celebrate their efforts at graduation, which is planned in May. In the meantime, efforts to welcome a new class have begun as Applications for the Class of 2020 are now available.
More Details on Class of 2020 Registration and Application
- The class year includes 9 class days, usually held on the first Friday of each month, August through April.
- The focus is on topics of interest to Mesa leaders such as Mesa history, education, government, sustainable growth, public services, business advocacy, arts and culture, justice and economic development.
- Curriculum is augmented by a series of educational tours and field trips not normally available to the public, as well as, an opportunity to spend a day with the community leader of your choice.
Invite anyone you know that might be interested to an Open House to learn more about the program Monday, April 22nd and April 29th from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm. at Main St. Bar & Grill 127 W. Main St. Mesa.
Thomas Hayes, current recruitment chair and 2018 graduate of the program, said “The depth and evolution of this program is amazing! Not only for the class members but who and how they enhance our community. More than 800 graduates of the Mesa Leadership program have gone on to serve as leaders in business and government. They serve on City and nonprofit boards, as well as the boards of local civic and social organizations.
Important dates to note:
- Application MUST be submitted with $25 nonrefundable application fee by May 15th
- Applications will be processed and applicants will be contacted to schedule an brief 15 minute interview by June 1st.
- Interviews will be conducted from June 5th-14th
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance or denial by July 1st
Applications and an overview of the program can be obtained at the Mesa Leadership website. Completed applications can be delivered to the Mesa Chamber of Commerce at 165 N Centennial Way, Suite 208, Mesa, AZ 85201. Contact Thomas Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.